Have you seen what has happened to porcelain tile? Would you believe all of these photos are of porcelain? Even the carrera lookalike on the top right (#2). Porcelanosa makes really amazing tile that would have you convinced it is paper, slate, marble, wood, metal, terracotta, glass, shell, even jute! This Spanish company has a streamlined, European aesthetic, but don’t let that discourage you – many of these materials can be seamlessly applied to a traditionally styled home. The tiles above don’t even begin to cover the depth of product Porcelanosa offers – they’re just this editor’s favorite picks : ) As a matter of fact, these are only a few of the tiles they make that are specifically designed as wall tiles. Now you can get rid of that wallpaper in the bathroom or kitchen and replace it with something that looks like natural marble for a fraction of the cost, with zero maintenance, and 1,000 times better durability!
1. Roma Blanco - paper lookalike with an eggshell finish
2. Carrara Blanco - its hard to believe this isn’t the real thing. It even comes in mosaics.
3. London Nacar - glossy tile with relaxing horizontal waves
4. Matrix Arena - you would swear this is natural cleft stone
5. Shine Alumino - rusted metal or flaky paint on concrete? Industrial lux!
6. Pietra Slate - another natural cleft stone lookalike
7. Ruggine - earthy in four color ways
8. Cubica Negro - its black sequins for your walls. This could be really sexy.
Have you used Porcelanosa porcelain in your home? On your walls or floors? Indoors or exterior? Do you love it? Tell me all about it!
Images a lá Porcelanosa