Are you a collector?
Oh yes I am!
For me, three really is the magic number. It all starts with three. When I find I have three of anything – purchased intentionally or not – a collection has formed. From there I must expand it & display it, but with an exacting eye. I am not a hoarder of similar looking things, here.
I am a discriminating collector.
There is a big difference!
(Back me up, people. My V.I.P. disagrees vehemently.)
Clustering collections makes for the most eye-catching displays, don’t you think? I’m all over anything that grabs your attention.
Collections I’ve developed over the years…
– iron beds
– bentwood chairs
– antique metal fans
– antique fashion plates
– green line diner dishes
– glass compotes & cloches
– scallop-edged antique shaving mirrors
– James Whitcomb Riley’s Complete Works
– just about anything painted hi-gloss black
– hammered aluminum serving pieces in the Chrysanthemum pattern
– really cool furniture (if I say so myself, though I’m pretty sure you would agree)
What are your collections? Do we share any?
There are a few I’ve left off and a lot of the ones I listed are no longer active, but I think collections are one of the best ways of revealing a bit of yourself to someone without saying a word. Wouldn’t you agree?